Selling An Existing Home - Critical Information to Consider
If you are like most people you only want (3) things when it comes to selling your home:
1. Sell fast
2. Sell for as much money as possible
3. Sell with as little inconvenience as possible
In an attempt to achieve the above (3) objectives you should also consider the following:
How willing are you to negotiate with a challenging buyer?
Do you know what type of mortgage a buyer is most likely to need in order to buy your home?
Does your home meet that specific mortgage criteria when it comes to physical conditions?
Can you answer all of the (50) NYS Property Disclosure Document questions correctly?
Does the quality of work done on your home meet minimum standards?
A home inspection and report done by Rick Bates can be used as an effective selling tool. Take proactive steps to accomplish your goal of selling your home by calling 607-734-7900 - the sooner the better...
Seller Benefits for Having the Home Inspection Done at Time of Property Listing
1. Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Selling your home is a stressful process. Getting ready for showings, having to leave the home just minutes before prospective buyers come to view and hopefully buy your home. Finding out that the buyer's home inspector found problems with your home that you were not aware of and you have already negotiated to your lowest possible price... Protect yourself and be proactive at preventing the stress most home seller experience. Get the home inspection out of the way on the front end. It is the best investment in selling your home that you can make.
2. Sells Home Faster: This has been proven time and time again. With a home inspection report ready for any potential buyer to see, your home will have a competitive edge over other homes where there is no third party professional inspection report for the buyers to review.
3. Sells for More Money: If you are selling your home it is highly likely that you will be buying another place to live. Image how you will feel when you discover issues about your new home after you already negotiated a price. What do you do? I you are like most buyers, you want to renegotiate the sales price with the seller or have the seller make needed repairs. As the seller, do not put yourself in that position. Negotiate once and provide a thorough home inspection report to show them what "AS IS CONDITION" really means.
4. Allows Time to Make Decisions: If the buyer's inspector finds needed repairs with your home you likely will only have a specific number of days or perhaps even hours to take action. When the home inspection is done ahead of the contract you have time to carefully consider your options and make the choices that are best for you.
Would you hire someone to work for you without a resume and references? Of course not! Then why would you buy a home without an evaluation performed by a professional third party, NYS Licensed Home Inspector with a reputation of honesty, integrity and professionalism?
A thorough and complete home inspection and report completed by Rick Bates is your best tool in preparing your home to sell.
See Additional Information Concerning Home Inspections
See Service Territory
See On-Line Trifold Brochure