Mechanical, and Environmental Inspectors, Consultants, & Educators
Indoor Air Quality "Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's)"
Definition: Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOCs include a variety of chemicals.
Why are VOCs a concern for you as a property owner?
- may have short- and long-term adverse health effects
- VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors
Where are VOCs found?
- Organic chemicals are widely used as ingredients in household products
Unique Qualities of VOCs
What can be done about VOCs
- Use household products according to manufacturer's directions
- Make sure you provide plenty of fresh air when using these products
- Throw away unused or little-used containers safely; buy in quantities that you will use soon
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Never mix household care products unless directed on the label
© 2006 RickBates.net
Rick Bates -
P.O.Box 4127 -
Elmira, NY 14904